Accepting new students for summer only.
Can teach incoming 6th grade ROMS students through end of August.
Instrument lessons available for:
Violin, Viola, Cello, and Double Bass
$25 per half hour
-Days available Tuesday & Wednesday
- BA in Music Education - Michigan State University, 2000
- MA in Humanities (Interdisciplinary) - Central Michigan University, 2007
- String Orchestra Instructor in the Royal Oak School District, 2001 - 2007 and 2011 - present
- Violist - MSU Symphony Orchestra & Campus Orchestra, 1987 - 2000
- Electric Bassist / Cellist / Guitarist / Violist / Violinist / Percussionist in various performing groups in the Southern Michigan Area, 1993 - Present
Mr. Rose currently teaches 6th-12th grade orchestra at Royal Oak Schools. He is unable to accept any private students enrolled in these Orchestras classes because of the conflict of interest.
- Composition for String Ensembles (Quartets, School-Age string orchestras)
- Song-writing for current performing group
- Spending quantity and quality time with my son (age 13) and wife.
Quote or Philosophy
There is no perfection in music. Perfection is an absolute and artistic endeavors deal with too many subjectives. Excellence, rather, is what artists should strive for.
If you are not under his direction at school yet (ROMS or ROHS), summer lessons may be possible.
On Practicing: “It's not how much, but how. ” -Robert Dan
Mr. Rose currently teaches 7th - 12th grade orchestra in the Royal Oak Schools. He is unable to accept private students currently enrolled in these orchestras due to the conflict of interest. Students not yet in these classes are still acceptable, so long as lessons end before schools starts.
Books & Materials Needed
Depends on the student. New students should bring with them all the materials they have most recently used, so I can get a sense of what's been addressed and how to approach further study.